PPL Theory Course (Online) - AvPrep
PPL Theory Course (Online)
In conjunction with Peninsula Aero Club, Victoria, the team at AvPrep have developed a series of theory courses that are designed to be delivered online via the Zoom online meeting platform. You can learn from the comfort of your own home.
The AvPrep PPL Theory Course (Online) is the best way to quickly attain the knowledge required to pass the PPL Exam with confidence. With a maximum group of 6 students to 1 trainer, there will be plenty of opportunity to ask questions and clarify individual needs.
AvPrep’s PPL Theory Course (Online) is delivered via the Zoom online meeting platform in conjunction with Peninsula Aero Club, Victoria.
Dates to be announced soon!!!
Limited spaces available. 6 Students (Max.)
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING
- Jeppesen Flight Computer (EB6 with slide)
- Scale Ruler and Protractor
- Basic calculator
- All stationary (incl. various highlighter colours)
- Notepad / blank textbook / blank paper
- BOB TAIT Study Guide Vol 2 (Hard Copy) – if Part 91 compliant hard copy is not available, please subscribe to the online e-text version
- VFRG – Latest version (Hard Copy)
- CASR Part 91 – Plain English Guide (Hard Copy)
- AC 91-02 (printed and bound)
- CASA RPL, PPL, CPL (Aeroplane) Workbook
- PCA Chart
- SYDNEY, TOWNSVILLE AND BOURKE WAC
- Artline 220 – (Fine 0.2) – Red Pen (for P-Chart Plotting)
$1499 (inc GST)
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO BEFORE WE BEGIN THE COURSE
- Download and test the Zoom Online Meeting App to your tablet or laptop
- Revise RPL level of knowledge (our PPL course is designed for RPL holders)
- Read the PDF of the VFRG at least 3 times cover to cover (https://www.casa.gov.au/standard-page/visual-flight-guide)
- Read the PDF of the Part 91 – Plain English Guide at least 3 times cover to cover (https://www.casa.gov.au/search-centre/plain-english-guides/plain-english-guide-new-flight-operations-regulations)
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT EACH DAY
0900-1100 – MORNING SESSION
1100-1115 – MORNING TEA (15mins)
1115-1315 – LATE MORNING SESSION
1315-1345 – LUNCH (30mins)
1345-1545 – AFTERNOON SESSION
1545-1600 – AFTERNOON TEA (15mins)
1600-1700 – LATER SESSION
Your Evenings – 60mins of homework max. to revise the days notes and attempt some practice questions from sections of Bob Tait Study Guide Vol 2 studied that day.
DAY 1 – INTRO / OHS / PERFORMANCE / LOADING
DAY 2 – METEOROLOGY
DAY 3 – METEOROLOGY / AIR LAW
DAY 4 – NAVIGATION
DAY 5 – AIR LAW
DAY 6 – AIR LAW (cont.) / AGK / AERODYNAMICS
DAY 7 – HUF / RPL REVISION
DAY 8 – OVERALL COURSE REVISION / RECAP
AFTER THE COURSE
Once you have completed the course, we expect that you would be ready to attempt the PPL exam. We recommend a few days off to allow the material to “marinate”, attempt some practice exams, then a day of personal revision before your exam date. Book your exam within 7 days of completing the course with us.
Ideal candidates for PPL Theory Course are Recreational Pilot Licence holders or student pilots engaged in the following:
- Ab-Initio Pilot Training Course
- Integrated Pilot Training Course
- Non-Integrated Pilot Training Course
For more information regarding the permitted materials in the PPL examination, please visit the CASA website.
AvPrep also offers Private Pilot License (PPL) theory tutoring.